I had an amazing 20 day long holi(/jolly)day at home. But the time has come. I have to pack my bags and leave for Delhi tomorrow. The post was initially intended to be sad, dard bhari kahani types. But surprisingly, I had some really awesome news today. Official sources have unofficially confirmed that our offer letters have reached the training and placement department :). An update is yet to be made on the resume manager as some formalities are still incomplete. Apparently, the TnP staff follows a strict procedural code before any such news is made official. The code is:
- Take a minimum of two days before the seal of the package containing the letters is broken.
- A gestation period of at least 5 days is to be maintained to up the Frustration Quotient of the students.
- A minimum gap of 10 days has to be maintained between the declaration of the receipt of the offer letters at NSIT and that at DCE.
- Under no circumstances can the offer letters can be made available to the students before their counterparts at NSIT, as it might give them an impression that the TnP staff actually gives a shit.
- Any denial of sadistic pleasures garnered by Prof Garg in the process, caused by not following any part of the predefined code, shall lead to the debarment (TnP’s favourite word :P) of the staff.
Anyhow, I had a great time at home. Particularly because this time, unlike the other times (apologies for the repeated use of time, I dont have synonyms for it 😀 ), I wasn’t burdened by the thoughts of an impending semester exam, missing my coaching classes or any of the entrance tests. Eat, sleep and watch TV, almost completely sums up my everyday routine. I have to admit I loved every moment of it. I became a master of some rather unconventional food habits (simply loved the post dinner-pre breakfast snack). Tried flirting with the idea of sleeping before 6 am every day, but it never happened. Woke up at 2 pm. Actually, in the hostel you have the right motivation. Get up before 2 or miss your lunch sucker! But when you have food around 24×7, who cares. These are the times when the exception becomes the rule and I cherished every moment of it.
The 20 day long break brought some other goods news too. Mainu finally got place in Bank of Amrikka ( I still lmao at the irony of it :D). The holidaying had its downside too. I just realized that losing weight is so much more difficult than piling it on :P. But, do hell with that. I (quoting Eric Cartman) am big boned, you can’t slim down bones :D. My parents tried making me perform some aasanas, but I ended up doing something which can only be described as the rare art of Robot Karate :D.
All in all, I had a great time. The best part is, I am looking forward to some awesome time back in the hostel too. Can’t wait for the HALO and Poker sessions to resume. The blog updates might suffer, as now I would have other unproductive things to do in my free time. Also, season six of LOST has begun. OK, now I am hyperventilating :D.
P.S: I have been toying with the idea of changing the blog theme and as usual I can’t make up my mind. It would be great if any of you could suggest if you like this one in particular.
P.P.S: I know you guys secretly admire my work and have made my blog as your homepage by now :P. However, I also know that you are just as lazy as me in putting up comments. So, just a 🙂 or 😦 would suffice to show you approval or vice versa. Please get off your lazy arse people :D.